Welcome to St. Paul Parish in Olathe!
Our Parish purpose is to use our diversity and compassion to inspire, teach, and nurture all to grow in their respect for God and one another as we follow Christ who willingly laid down his life for us.
~ St. Paul Mission Statement
900 S. Honeysuckle Drive, Olathe, KS 66061 Phone: (913) 764-0323
Message From The Pastor
Dear fellow parishioners,
November at St. Paul Parish has been a wonderful month. There are many reasons for us to be grateful and thankful to God. Here are just a few reasons that I would like to share with all of you:
1. All Saints Day on November 1st. We celebrated our belief in the Communion of Saints and in their intercession on our behalf. The Saints are great role models for us and give us hope that we too can live holy and special lives, thanks to God’s grace.
2. All Souls Day on November 2nd. We prayed for all those who have died marked with the sign of faith, especially for the 20 St. Paul Parishioners we buried this past year. “Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord.”
3. Veteran’s Day Breakfast on Nov. 12th. The Knights of Columbus hosted a very well attended breakfast to honor and thank all the veterans of our parish who have served our country in the armed forces. We are grateful to our veterans.
4. The Building Committee meeting on Nov. 14th. The Building Committee has worked hard over the past two years to help get us ready to start the construction of Phase 1 of the Parish Relocation Project. Straub Construction won the bid for the work. The bulldozers are on our new property and will start moving dirt in just a matter of days!
5. The V Encuentro meeting on Nov. 18th. St. Paul was well represented at this important meeting to advise the bishops of the United States on the direction of Hispanic Ministry over the next 10 to 20 years. Archbishop Naumann celebrated a beautiful Mass with all the representatives of each parish in NE Kansas that offer Hispanic Ministry.
6. The San Andrés Community of Evangelization hosted a retreat in Spanish for the New Evangelization with over 40 people in attendance the weekend of Nov. 18th and 19th. They all received a special blessing at the 12:30 p.m. Mass and then went out door to door inviting people to come to know Jesus Christ along with us here at St. Paul.
7. The Deaf Ministry welcomed Fr. Christopher Klusman from the Archdiocese of Milwaukee on Nov. 19th, who met with our Deaf Community to encourage them in their Catholic-Christian faith. The highlight was “Pints with a Priest” at Granite City restaurant on Blackbob Rd.
8. Hospitality receptions were provided for new parishioners in English on Nov. 12th and in Spanish on Nov. 19th, both of them were well attended. We continue to welcome new parishioners and want everyone to feel very much at home at St. Paul.
9. I could go on and on listing reasons for gratitude and for being thankful at St. Paul. For all of these reasons. . . we want to give thanks to God. Please plan to attend the Thanksgiving Day Mass on Thursday, Nov. 23rd at 9 a.m. This All-Parish Mass (English, Spanish, ASL) will include a blessing of the food baskets after Communion for the Thanksgiving Dinner.
10. “I give thanks to my God for every remembrance of you” (Phil. 1:3).
God bless you,
Fr. Michael Hermes
Pastor - St. Paul
Tuesday - Friday 8:00 a.m.
First Saturday 8:00 a.m.
Weekend Mass Schedule
Sat. 5:00 p.m. at St. James Academy
NEW SUNDAY MASS TIMES (As of Nov. 12)
8:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m. (Signed), 4:00 p.m.
Masses in Spanish: 12:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Weekly Confession Schedule
Sat. 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. at St. James Academy
Wed. 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. at St. Paul
Map to St. James Academy
Parish Office Hours
9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Parish Office will be closed on Nov. 23rd & 24th.
- Father Michael Hermes, Pastor
- Father Nathan Miller, Part-Time Parochial Vicar
- Karla Leibham, School Principal
- Michelle Cabrera, Parish Secretary
- Joe Heron, Director of Music and Liturgy
- Gladys Maldonado, Accountant
- Karla Melgar, Director of Religious Education
- Stacey Rains, Youth Ministry Coordinator
- Claudia Ramirez, Pastoral Assistant